Funkhouser Family Farm
Upper Sandusky, Ohio USA
~ Producing Quality Beef For Your Table ~
We are currently taking 2014 spring and summer orders for freezer beef.
Call now to reserve your beef!
Our cattle are raised on grass pastures, hay, and corn to provide you with great tasting, tender beef. No growth hormones or antibiotics are used in the production of our freezer beef.
Beef is available in whole, halves, and split-halves. A split-half is a quarter mixed from a front quarter and a rear quarter. This ensures that you get a variety of cuts.
Do you have enough freezer space to store your beef?
- One half (1/2) beef takes up approximately 12 cubic feet of freezer space.
- One split-half (1/4) beef takes up approximately 5 cubic feet of freezer space.
Our beef is processed at D&H Meats in Vanlue, Ohio. They are state inspected, very clean, and do a great job of cutting and packaging our beef. They can cut and package beef to meet your specific needs.
Pricing information is being updated for our 2014 season. We will have updated prices online soon!
Freezer beef orders can be placed by calling us at 740-499-2717. The following steps outline the ordering process:
- Call to reserve your beef.
- We must schedule each beef with the processor. We will match you with one of our reserved dates.
- We will contact you and send an invoice once we know the hanging weight of your beef.
- You will be expected to contact the processor with your cutting and packaging instructions. The processor can help you decide which cuts and quantities to package.
- Your beef will hang for approximately 7 days before it is processed which improves flavor and tenderness. Then it will be cut, packaged and frozen.
- Beef is typically ready for pick up 10-14 days after the slaughter date. The processor will contact you with the exact date.
- Payment for your beef and processing of the beef is separate. Payment for your beef should be made to us before pick up from the processor. The processor will expect payment for processing your beef at the time of pick up.
- Take boxes or coolers to transport your frozen beef home. Place it in your freezer as soon as possible.
- Your beef can be stored up to 12 months in a freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit (0°F).
- Enjoy your delicious beef!
Joe & DeAnn Funkhouser :: Upper Sandusky, Ohio USA :: 740-499-2717